Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Older isn't always better.
Why am I rambling on about this? Welllll, I am thinking about all that I am grateful for on this Thanksgiving Eve. Even though I hold in high regard all things ancient, let me list for you the more modern things I cannot live without.
1. hot showers
2. gourmet coffee
3. mascara....SERIOUSLY..have you ever seen me without it?
4. my wonderfully deep and soft mattress
5. automatic washing machines, for clothes dishes and cars, lol
6. devices that play music
7. air conditioning ( i think I could survive on fireplace heat in the winter)
8. ovens and microwaves....and food that is already grown, harvested, delivered, etc. Goodness knows I hate to cook as it is. My family would starve real quick if it depended on me to start from scratch everyday!
9. medicine and vaccines...babies died back then...a lot of babies died.
10. friends and family that live near and can readily communicate with me whenever I want. Loneliness was a real issue back in the day.
So there you have it. Thanks goodness for 2010. Happy Thanksgiving, Y'all!