Wednesday, September 16, 2015

To Baby Cora with Love


Dear Cora,
Just a few days after your birth, in June 2015, your Mommy and Daddy brought you to my studio to have your first professional portraits taken. I was so excited (and a little nervous) that you were coming and I spent several days preparing all the little details for you. Blankets to wrap you in, boxes and bowls to lay you in, tiny hats and little knit pants all prepared for you. Your Mommy was a bit concerned because your big sister had a cold and she was worried you might catch it and then have the sniffles, or be cranky and not sleep for me. She really worried for nothing. Today you were a perfect model.
You gave me your best little cuddles and coos. You slept through set changes and diaper changes and even hung out in the woods with me for a little bit. Daddy and Mommy watched as we got some amazing images that they will cherish forever. 
I know these pictures are really a memory for your parents and even though you'll see them when you get older and maybe even own the prints and have them as a keepsake, you will have no memory of the day. I hope you'll read this someday and know that it was a special day for me. I love your whole family so much. Your Mimi, and Pop-pop, your Aunts and Uncles and your Daddy and Mommy and sister are really special people. You have no idea how blessed you are to be chosen as a member of this family...well if you're reading this you have probably figured it out. And I hope you have also figured out that I am more than just the photographer that took your baby pictures. 
With love,
"Aunt" Jenn














1 comment: