Friday, December 31, 2010

Ahh Destiny...

 For the past 20 years or so my brother has had in his possession, our mother's china. I remember this china from years ago and always admired it. Mom had given it to my brother and his wife because she was a person who loved dishes and Mom was not using the set. Circumstances have changed in my brother's life and he no longer has any use for the china, so he wrapped the platter and gave it to me on Christmas with the promise that he would deliver the rest someday soon. That day was yesterday. I had to unload my china cupboard so as to properly display the dishes. I also wanted to mix them in with my own china, which was part of my marriage contract...Mr. Man was collecting china from his bank at the time we met. You know, those programs where you get a place setting for $6 every time you take your paycheck down to the bank and make a deposit. So here was this macho man collecting china. I know, cute huh?
OK, back to the story...in order to make a home for this china I had to totally tear up the dinning room...
It seriously looked like someone was having a clearance sale in there. I took everything out of the china cabinet AND the server. I found things that I forgot I had and surely don't need.
It was at about this point that the doorbell rang and there stood my brother with a plastic storage box containing 12 place settings of Wentworth's Silver Wheat, circa 1965ish. (I should google that...) I hugged my bro and sent him on his way...
he was very afraid when he got a glimpse of my dinning room.

This is where you should picture me doing a happy dance...
I unpacked and washed the Silver Wheat.
Then I stacked it on the already crowded table.

Do you see those glasses? I got them at an antique shop, along with the wooden handled holder, for $25. I was drawn to them because they were just like the ones my Mom had that she used with her china...the china I did not have in my possession and didn't plan to ever have in my possession. Funny how things work out sometimes. They have a home now...with the china...in the cabinet. Ah...destiny!

So here it is. Lovely right? Maybe you have the same set...it probably came from the bank down the street for all I know. But I love it anyway.


And...introducing...Rhapsody...by Grace Fine China...from the bank down the street.
Thanks,  Mr. Man.


Here they are together...and because I am a sentimental (sometimes just mental) fool...


...I added pictures...

....of the happy couples who belong to the china.
Ahh, destiny.


3 comments:

  1. I love it! Great china, great idea adding the pictures with the china, and great brother for sharing. What a great way to start off the new year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Jenn....just like everything else you touch it looks beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful. It's really amazing how both patterns compliment each other. Just like marriage...

    ReplyDelete